Thursday, June 21, 2007

6/20: Madrid

First day in Madrid our first order of business was to see the Reina Sofia. We walked down there and paid our money and all that, but then I got accosted in the first exhibit by this very mean lady who made me throw away my water. IF they don´t want you to bring water in, maybe they should put that up there with the no camera sign. The other thing about the Reina Sofia is that either they have a billion volunteers and nothing for them to do, or they spend a looooot of money on people to stand in EVERY ROOM and stare at you. It´s seriously disturbing, they just stand there watching you. Ugh. Guernica, of course, is really huge and cool, but I actually really liked the Picasso drawings they had also. The thing for me about museums is that I don´t really like them. I get bored, overwhelmed, and irritated because I just don´t find them particularly moving, and I feel like I´m dumb for not liking them or feeling excited about being there. SO I just get grouchy and sleepy.

Walked around a whole whole lot, went to the Parque del Retiro which is HUUUUUUUGE. Seriously. HHHHUUUUUGE. Seriously. Look it up on google maps. We kept walking around and going "wow, here´s another huge building that we couldn´t even see from the outside!!" It was really super pretty, though, and very nice to walk about it. We also saw a couple dry humping in the grass which was oh so nice.

Went for Chocolate con Churros, which is like ´hot chocolate´except just basically smooth melted chocolate, with un cinnamon-sugared churros to dip in it. So fucking good. We´re going to make them, except better, when we get back.

Had bread, cheese, etc for dinner, drank a bunch of wine, went to Plaza Mayor but it was under construction so it was lame, and then went back to go to bed.

Side note: apparently my bed is where people just throw their shit. Some guy in the top bunk left his newspaper spread on my bed plus his suitcase right next to the head of my bed so I couldn´t even open the locker. What a dick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Churros! I love them...make sure you post your recipe. ;)