Thursday, June 28, 2007

6/28 - Bordeaux

We were going to go to St Emilion today, but it's an expensive train ride, so we decided to sleep in and walk around town. We took some great pictures that will be uploaded someday. Bordeaux is a really quiet town, one that's kind of boring if you don't have the car or money to go to the wine chateaux, but I think it would be a really nice place to live since it's not crowded or dirty like a lot of other places we've been.

Went to Place de Girondins, with a fountain and statues that were taken for use in the war by the Nazis when they occupied Bordeaux, and were only restored a few decades ago. Really nice

The weather has been better, no more rain, at least, and I picked up the first Harry Potter in french and have worked through 9 or 10 pages. Not exactly up to my normal pace, but it's in a different language, so hey. I do think it will really help, though. I took a nap while reading this afternoon and dreamt all in french.

Brett and I have been sleeping a lot here. I think we're just catching up from all the short nights and bad sleep we've gotten in shitty beds with useless pillows up till now.

All pictures up till leaving for Bordeaux are up at www.flickr.com/photo/brettgphoto, so check it out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dreaming in French. I love it! Reminder, Boo: you may only get to do this type of trip once in your life. You're likely going to make lots of money quite soon. I hope that you go for what you really want. Love ya,
Mom