Tuesday, August 7, 2007

8/6/07 - Travel day

Despite my trepidation, I felt somewhat decent this morning, managing to sleep through the night, eat a croissant, and talk to Josh for half an hour without puking, which was an improvement. I still had a vicious headache and various other complaints, but by sleeping through most of the trip and nearly finishing the Da Vinci Code, I got to Munich without mishap.

After getting settled in, I finished Da Vinci Code and we went to Hugendubel for more reading materials. No more Clive Cussler or Dan Brown for me, thank god. Those were products of desperate times with no options.

We tried to go back to the Paulaner garden, but it was packed and I felt dizzy and shitty, so we adjourned to the pizza place near our hostel. Halfway through his first burned hawaiian slice, though, Brett abruptly announced he didn't feel well, so we went back to the hostel. It quickly became clear that he'd caught my virus, and he passed what certainly sounded like an awful night. At least the bathroom is ensuite.

No comments: